26 October 2007

Sorry for the delay

So I had every intention of blogging during the past 12 days or so, but I didn't. I have plenty to talk about and couldn't decide exactly what I wanted to write to I might just save some, especially the part about me being disappointed in Bilingual Ed. I'm sure that will continue after I get a job an everything.

Last week I headed to the M.I.A. show at Terminal 5. According to the bartender it had only been open 8 days or so. It's really a great venue. Three levels, a large, reasonably, priced bar on each level, a pit/floor on the bottom, lounge-type seating and standing room on the top two. I asked for a Tanqueray on the rocks before the show and the bartender started to pour me Bombay Sapphire, she caught herself halfway through the difficult order, but I didn't mind. Sayjal and i were on the top so we could sit down. The opening act, who I don't know was ok. The DJ had some great mixes/beats, but he shouldn't have sung, the girl was an amazing dancer, the second MC was garbage. Then M.I.A. came on, first of all she's beautiful and her outfit was great. The show was amazing! High energy, played all the songs the crowd wanted to hear, filled the stage with fans dancing with her, and kept the show going into the wee hours of the night. I had a great time and am definitely heading back to the venue, it was great!

I had a bunch of homework last weekend too, so I didn't do much exploring, but I hung out with Phoebe which was nice. I miss home a bit, but only because its familiar, but I know I would get as bored as I do hear sometimes, and I would probably just stay in rather then go for a walk or explore around like I do here.

Tonight I went to the Schoenberg Center this evening for a screening of
James Brown: The Man, The Music & The Message which was great to see, especially just up the street from The Apollo, it made me wish I had made it out to the memorial early this year, but I'm glad I saw him last year. The best parts of the doc were the scenes about James' dancing, which was throughout the film, when Little Richard whipped his mullet back, and when James offered an explanation of the chase and his arrest in the late 80s. He said he was scared and took off, a bunch of cops came up to his truck and one emptied his gun on his tires and then reloaded, he took off because he knew that "if someone shoots at you that many times and doesn't kill you and then reloads you got to get out."

I'm heading to The Go! Team show tomorrow, and I'm excited, I imagine it as a larger dance party.

My last week of student teaching is this week and I have to buckle down and look for a job.

I'm getting a little sick, the 1 kiddo started coughing tuesday, by the afternoon there were 3, and by thursday it was like half the class, I avoided it pretty well until friday, but I'm trying to tackle it before it really gets me. Good news, I don't have TB, I don't know what but for some reason I got super paranoid that I had it, not that the test got bad or anything, I just got paranoid. Ok well I'm out.

1 comment:

McSexy said...

I envy your hip lifestyle. I in fact might join you in August of '08... if I surivive this: http://www.civil.ge/eng/article.php?id=16164