28 October 2007

The Go! Team


I thought I wanted to go to The Go! Team concert, but I couldn't find anyone to go with and the tickets were sold out. I thought to myself "you know what this is going to big a big dance party, you love that stuff," so I tried to see what I could find on craigslist, which most of the tickets were double face value, but one guy said he would sell me a ticket or face value so I figured I'd go. "dancedancedancefunfun" was the was the way the concert was described to me by Kevin. For a better review that I can probably write see The Go! Team. I got there early and went around the corner to Whole Foods to get some eats, and I did, but I got ripped off, another reason why I hate Whole Foods. Great show, good opening acts including the Beatards, which from the looks of them I thought I might want to shoot myself, but their DJ threw down so good old school beats. When The Go! Team finally went on at 11:30, even though doors opened at 8, it was a kick ass show. The only mistake Kevin made was it was more like DANCEDANCEDANCEFUNFUN. I was front and center for the whole show and danced my pants off right in front of and along with Ninja. It was also great venue. The Bowery Ballroom which is owned by the same people from Terminal 5 really knows what their doing. I think this is the smallest of their venues and it is like a very old ballroom with a small balcony over the bar in the back and the stage up front. I'm not sure what my next show will be, but so far I'm 2 for 2 here, so it better be another good one

3 comments:

Ms. Shawn said...

i

Ms. Shawn said...

just wrote a lengthy comment and the internet ate it up.

in a nutshell.

my experience with the go team in paris was a freak show, i felt as if she was yelling at me. had i not understood the performance?

also said, ever heard of 'final fantasy.' crazy jives with the violin and piano, amidst a big pony-tailed artist putting on an exhibit with an over head projector.

that was the nutshell.

hope you are digging city life.

Ms. Shawn said...

this is stephanie s. by the way.

did your pants really get danced off?